My blog of why I started over
Thursday, January 28, 2021
As part of the week 4 challenge of the BLC team we have been asked to blog about why we started. Well, I'm taking mine a bit further and am calling it "why I started over".
Over the past six months my weight was increasing at an alarming rate. In fact, when I finally got the nerve to get on the scale I was 25 pounds heavier than my all-time heaviest weight which got me to join Spark 11 years ago! My knees were hurting, my lower back was aching, my GERD was acting up and I felt horrible. I mean, I was used to feeling horribly mentally but now I was feeling simply awful. None of my clothes were fitting and I was getting very embarrassed.
So, I've become more active on Spark and in particular on the Azure Destinations team (Under the BLC). We aren't doing crazy "dieting" but more of a support group of like minded women who are trying to get healthier. Weight is just a number!
What I am doing differently (and seems to be working):
1. Nothing drastic - no food is off limits
2. I drink 4 glasses of water before I take a mouthful of my morning coffee
3. I started eating an apple and an orange in the morning along with my peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat bread
4. I meal plan our evening meals
5. I have started out small with my walking goals and am aiming for 90 minutes of exercise a week.
6. I plan our meals around a protein source and then add in the freggies.
7. I have set a goal of 5+ freggies a day